Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chicken BBQ Sandwiches

This shredded Chicken BBQ recipe is easy and really good!  The chicken is very flavorful.

A few things I changed in the recipe for my liking was:
  • instead of a 12 oz. bottle of BBQ sauce, I used a 16 oz. bottle 
  • instead of frozen chicken breasts, I use fresh chicken breasts
  • halfway through the cooking time I shred the chicken with a fork, then cover and let it cook the rest of the time in the sauce
Last time I made this, we used it...
  • with buns, rolls or bread for sandwiches
  • over baked potatoes
  • over nachos with shredded cheddar, tomatoes & lettuce on top
To Freeze: Cool shredded chicken & sauce completely.  Package in Ziploc bags or freezer containers.

To Serve: Thaw completely.  Warm in saucepan.

No comments:

Post a Comment