Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cheeseburger Soup

This Cheeseburger Soup recipe from Taste of Home is very good.  I've been making it for awhile for our fall & winter dinners, but not until this month did I try freezing, thawing and reheating it.  We had it for lunch today in whole wheat bread bowls and it was delicious!

A few changes I make from the original recipe for our taste -
  • I use ground turkey instead of beef
  • I use 2 cups shredded cheddar instead of the Velveeta
  • I do not add the sour cream until just before it's served on the day I reheat it.

To Freeze: Make soup according to recipe but do not add sour cream.  Cool completely and fill Ziploc Freezer bags or containers.

To Serve: Thaw in fridge overnight.  Warm in saucepan on stove and then add sour cream just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment