Friday, May 28, 2010

Popsicles!

Can't claim these as my own recipes, but I did tweak them just a bit to our preferences. They turned out GREAT! I love having a freezer stocked with (somewhat) healthy popsicles for my kids in the summer! :o)

These are delicious FUDGE POPS! My tweaking was to replace the brown sugar with Sucanat (dehydrated cane juice). This recipe gave me 18 Dixie cup (3 oz) pops.

These are delicious ORANGE CREME POPS! My tweaking was to replace the ice cream with Blue Bunny vanilla frozen yogurt and double the recipe so I could use the entire can of OJ concentrate. I ended up with 24 Dixie Cup (3 oz) pops.

To Freeze: Set cups in freezer for 1 hour, then insert popsicle sticks. Once completely frozen store pops in gallon size Ziploc freezer bags.

To Serve: Run water over bottom & sides of cup (be care not to get it inside the cup :o) for a few seconds and then tear off cup sides and peel off bottom of cup. The cup should remove easily!